Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Family

    What can I say about the S. side of my family?
    I guess I should start off with talking about my grandfather, Donald H. S.. He was and will always be the mmost amazing man I have ever known.  He was tall, and very thick around the middle.  People who didn't know would probably see him as intimidating.  To be honest, to me he was always a big teddy bear.  He was quite outspoken at times but always in the best of taste...if that makes any sense.  He was the glue that held our family together.
    I will always remember silly things about him.  Like the white T-shirts he would wear that had a pocket on the left chest where he always put his soft pack of smokes.  Or the smell of his cheap cologne.  And the fact that he would just look at my grandma and tell her "Shut up Carol!" when she was being Carol.  He always took pride in our accomplishments.  He passed away when I was 10 years old.
    My grandmother came from nothing.  She had nothing to be stuck up about but she has always put on hairs like she was a goddess. She raised my aunts to think that it is okay to starve themselves and marry for money.  She herself had been married twice befor my grandfather and once in between. She is one fo the worlds most two faced cruel self-centered busy bodies.
    I have two aunts on that side, both feel as if they do no wrong.  Both married for money, and do nothing but gloat about thier children.  Who by the way are snotty carbon copies.
    My uncles for the most part are all the same.  Loud, never wrong and very quick to cast judgement.  Just like my father.  The only uncle I can exclude from that statement is the youngest of them all.  He got away from the family after grandpops past.  It's probably for the best.  He has a beautiful wife and three very well behaved kids although most of the family despise them for it.  And yet I have nothing but respect for them. 
    My siblings and I are kind of ostricised from the family.  My parents are the only ones to get divorced so we have dealt with things my cousins will never understand.  My eldest brother has been to jail twice.  Drugs have been associated with both my brothers which is a topic the family openly bring up at inappropriate times because they are hoised up so high on thier pedestules.  I guess us kids never had a chance, not with Carol as head of household.
    Grandpa was the rock, he was the best.  And not a day goes by when I don't think about him and what our family would be like if he was still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment